30th International Japanese-English Translation Conference (IJET-30)
The 30th International Japanese-English Translation Conference (IJET-30) will provide an opportunity for professionals and researchers in the field of translation and interpreting to exchange ideas and information and share experience and expertise.
The conference theme is Life, Style and Translation ― ことばを繋ぎ、未来を紡ぐ, and we welcome submissions on a wide range of topics and issues, including but not limited to:
- Current state of the T&I industry
- Future of the T&I industry with MT and AI
- Starting up as a translator/interpreter
- Education and professional development
- Writing better in the 21st century
- Value-added skills
- Specialised translation
- Indigenous interpreting/languages
- Burnout — how to cope, how to avoid
- Life after translation — planning for retirement
The conference languages are English and Japanese.
Modes of Work
- Panel discussion
Abstracts: Please submit an abstract of no more than 250 words, together with a separate bionote (up to 150 words). Deadline for submission is 15 November 2018.
Abstracts can be submitted here. Please submit your abstract and bionote in English if your working language is English.
Successful applicants will be informed by 20 December 2018.
For more information about the conference, please contact us.