Past IJET - IJET-30 in Cairns
Chair Yoga is an intelligent and dynamic approach to Hatha Yoga. It allows people with reduced physical capabilities or balance problems, or who are recovering from an illness or other physical issues, to participate in and enjoy the benefits of yoga practice.
Chair Yoga incorporates a synergistic mix of 5 traditional elements:
- Centering: non-religious meditation
- Breath Work: yogic full breath and ujjayi pranayama
- Postures: anatomically aligned and structurally balanced – with the aid of a chair
- Relaxation: savasana with legs supported
- Yoga Philosophy: positive, uplifting and life-affirming
Being able to do yoga using a chair, which many translators spend the better part of the day sitting in, is an intriguing concept. By trying Chair Yoga in this session, you’ll be amazed at how much you can accomplish using a chair!"